Anchorage is the largest city in Alaska with 300,000 population. Finding the cheapest auto insurance in Anchorage Alaska is easy because there are some good insurers available in this city. There are many major car insurance companies that are actively working in Anchorage, Alaska.
You can get cheap car insurance in Anchorage Alaska from Geico, USAA and United Services. State Farm and 21st Century also have cheap auto insurance rates in Anchorage Alaska. Anchorage is the most expensive city in Alaska. Therefore, auto insurance rates are little higher than other areas of Alaska.
A normal driver from Anchorage pays almost $896 to $900 for one year car insurance but if you choose companies like, Geico, State Farm and United Services, you only have to pay almost $428 to $600. We have the list of cheapest auto insurance companies that can give you affordable vehicle insurance services.
But before moving to cheapest auto insurance providers in Anchorage Alaska, you need to know about some basic driving rules that are compulsory to know.
Driving Laws in Anchorage Alaska
- Tying any animal like, cat and dog on the roof of vehicle is strictly prohibited in Anchorage Alaska. You are not allowed to tie anything across any road. Using ropes and wires to tie roads is illegal.
- Texting is not allowed while driving in Anchorage, Alaska. Seat belts are compulsory for drivers and passengers. Booster seats and child restraint system is also strictly essential.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol is prohibited. In the first offense you can go to jail for 90 days in second offense you can go to jail for one year and for the third offense you have to spend 3 years in jail. So be careful and don’t drive under the influence of alcohol and any other drugs.
Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in Anchorage Alaska
- Minimum amount of property damage is $25,000 in Alaska. The minimum amount of liability insurance is $50,000/$100,000 for bodily injury or death in Alaska.
- If you own a vehicle that is registered in Alaska, you need to have minimum insurance because it is essential.
Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anchorage Alaska
Yearly Car Insurance Rate: $428
Yearly Car insurance Rate: $517
Yearly Car Insurance Rate: $595
Yearly Car Insurance Rates: $667
Yearly Car Insurance Rate: $901
Note: These are the cheapest and famous insurance companies in Anchorage Alaska that can give you perfect auto insurance services. You can also insure motorcycles, RVs and other vehicles from these insurance providers. Rates can fluctuate according to your age, driving history, ZIP code and credit score. For more information you can visit AKquote.